Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: things that appeared on >1 songs: tNW

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 85 11:44:55 est
Subject: Re: things that appeared on >1 songs: tNW

> From: Henry Chai <chai%utflis%toronto.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA>

> In _The Ninth Wave_ side, there are little things that appeared on more
> than one song, thus somehow tying the songs together.  Here's what
> I've found:

In addition to what you listed, there are a couple others I've found.
The first one is very obvious.  "Get out of the waves.  Get out of the
water." occurs in both 'Waking The Witch' and 'Hello Earth'.  This one
is more difficult to notice: "We are of water and the holy land of
water" occurs in both 'Waking The Witch' and 'Jig Of Life'.  Can anyone
make out what the voices say in 'Waking The Witch' just before "We are
of water...."?

Also, some people were mentioning here a little while back musical
themes that recur in different songs and musical pieces of some songs
that appear on other songs on the album.  Could someone point out some
of these?  I'm really bad at noticing things like this.  I never even
noticed that I have two different versions of Kate's "Ne T'Enfuis Pas"
on record, until someone pointed it out to me several days ago.

			"Je viens
			 Comme un chat
			 Par la nuit si noire"

			-Doug