Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Random Rudeness (from dno)

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 85 19:41:59 est
Subject: Random Rudeness (from dno)

This message from David Oskard <dno@cvl.UMD.EDU> looks to me like it was
meant for Love-Hounds:

> Subject: Random rudeness

> Hey Doug, I have John Foxx's Metamatic too, but I haven't listened to
> it in a while -- have to be in the right frame of mind, but it is
> pretty excellent.  What happened to him?  Did he stop doing drugs or
> something?  ha ha.

> Did you know that Huey Lewis has an asshole on his chin?

> Here's a K.B. question for you:  Is HoL on white vinyl a limited
> edition or something, or are all of them like that?

Was yours on white vinyl?  All the ones I've seen are on greyish or
purpleish grey marble-like vinyl.  It is a limited edition, but I'm not
sure how limited that really is.  Someone told me that it was 50,000.
Considering that "The Dreaming" only sold, I'm told, a bit over 100,000
records (though this isn't reliable info) in England, fifty thousand
hardly seems very limited.  On the other hand, it's been very difficult
around here to find any of the marbleized vinyl records since the first
week.

> While I'm wasting my life doing this, might as well give you guys my last
> week's playlist for my show on WMUC fm 88.1 (U. of Md. College Park)

Hey, do you know Ira Hankin's brother?

> The show (if you're ever in the 10 watt radius) is on Saturday morns. from
> 9 am - noon or so.

> Congo Casserole Radio Show (don't ask)  10/26   9am-noon

> 	group		song		album
> David Liebman		Ashirbad	Sweet Hands
> Allen Ginsberg	Kaddish
> Snakefinger		Yeti:What Are You
> *Patti Smith		Land		Horses		* means request
> Last Poets		Gashman
> The Arms of Someone New   The Turning	Susan Sleepwalking
> Last Poets		O.D.
> Kate Bush		Jig of Life	HoL
> Peter Gabriel (Fripp)	Exposure/Flotsam & Jetsam      P.G. II
> Severed Heads		Oscar's Grind/Mambo Fist Miasma
> Skankin Lizard	Jesse James
> Marc Bolan		Rings of Fortune
> *King Crimson		Peace:A Theme/Cat Food
> Bruford/Moraz		Flags		Flags
> Roger Eno		A Place in the Wilderness
> Steve Martin		Smoking/One Way to Leave Your Lover/
> 			Mad at my Mother/ Excuse Me
> Tom Waits		Step Right Up
> Dead Kennedys		I Kill Children
> German Shepherds	Preacher	Music For Sick Queers

Hey, Tim, look at that!  Someone else who likes GS.

> Crippled Pilgrims	The Sense
> Tupelo Chain Sex	Champion The Wonderhorse	Spot the Difference
> Giant Sand		Barrio		Valley of Rain
> Phranc		Amazons		Folksinger
> Fetchin' Bones	So Brilliant	Cabin Flounder
> Stretch Marks		Family Affair
> The Conditions	Sam's House
> Insect Surfers	Barricade Beach
> Gary Numan		My Shadow In Vain
> *Ultravox		Reap The Wild Wind
> Ultravox		Dangerous Rhythm
> Be Bop Deluxe		Electrical Language
> Mx-80 Sound		Myonga Von Bontee
> Traffic		Medicated Goo
> Kim Fowley		Pictures of Matchstick Men
> Velvet Underground	Run Run Run
> Agent Orange		Pipeline
> Stiff Little Fingers	Bloody Dub	Nobody's Heroes
> Brian Eno		Sky Saw    <-- One of my themes thar

Looks like a great show to me!