Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: whizzo (David Hardy)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 85 10:04:32 est

>	And who/what is Shock Headed Peters?

Shock Headed Peters are the people from whence came the line
"I want to walk thru Sodom with a boy on my arm"
(at least if anyone else has said this I havn't heard it...)
They are a rather strange band whom I don't know a whole lot about, but they
have an EP called "I Bloodbrother Be" (the song where that line is from) and
an album called "Not Born Beautiful"  which if you look at the rather
grotesque picture on the cover you can see where the title comes from.
I'm not great at describing music, but their music ranges anywhere from a
somewhat jazzy/catchy sound like in "Bloodbrother" to a very spacey sound
with vocals that sound like they aren't quite at the right speed ("Ideal") to
some incredibly noisy sounding things.  A lot of their lyrics are really
depressing also.  I can't think of much else to say about them without having
the records in front of me.

> The line "Your son's coming out" does not refer to Peter .....

I recently picked up the 12 inch version of "Cloudbusting" and noticed that
this line is not included.  Instead the "I just know that something good is
going to happen" is repeated.  Anyone else notice this or know why?  Maybe it's
so people won't get the wrong idea about Peter... :-)

Anyone know where I can buy a copy of "A Book of Dreams"?  I don't get to
libraries much, and would like to get a copy now that my curiousity is peaked
after hearing so much discussion about it.  What section would it be under in
a bookstore?  Is it in print?