Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

icu,The presidents Tapes, a short review (first hearing)

From: COBLEY A (on DUNDEE DEC-10) <A.Cobley%dundee.ac.uk@ucl-cs.arpa>
Date: Friday, 25-Oct-85 13:18:34-BST
Subject: icu,The presidents Tapes, a short review (first hearing)

--------

	A short review of the new Inner City Unit album.
(sorry bout this, I was going to buy HoL but saw this on the shelf)
	  To tell you the truth I'm  disapointed  with  this
	  album,  its  just not up to the standard I've come
	  to expect from Nik and the boys, it has "rush job"
	  written all over it, the music  seems  forced  and
	  the  lyrics  more  so  ( "ok boys what can we call
	  this one then we'll find some words to  it  ").The
	  last album "New Anatomy" held out new hope for the
	  band  ,this one seems to starts where the last one
	  left off BUT its more like the  left  over  tracks
	  that  didn't quite make it.  All in all not a good
	  introduction to ICU,  I'd  recommend  any  of  the
	  other  albums  before  this  one, but for the best
	  introduction try "New  Anatomy"  or  "The  Maximum
	  Effect".

			Wish I'd bought HoL now
				andy
			   love and peace