Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: David Hockney

From: Tim Wicinski <wicinski@nrl-css.arpa>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 85 12:43:35 edt
Subject: Re: David Hockney

It took me awhile to remember, but the name came back to me. When I
lived with a bunch of art students they had a few peices
done by David Hockney. From what they told me, he was an artist, and all
of a sudden (like most artists I assume) his work became very trendy among
the New York art scene.  He showed up in a September or August issue of
Art Digest (I believe I am right) with an interview.  He didn't say
anything too terribly mind blowing, just a normal joe painting.

I didnt even like the prints we had either. wonder what the big deal is.

tim