Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cancelling Subscription

From: hpda!hptabu!keilman@UCB-VAX.Berkeley.EDU (Keith Keilman)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 85 10:23:05 pdt

Hello,

I have been a ROM in this mailing list, and am writing to request
that my name be removed from the list. I subscribed because my SO
was going thru a bimbo-rock period and I thought he might enjoy
reading some of the articles here. But, since the release of
The Covenant The Sword and The Arm of the Lord,  he's thrown his
Kate Bush records in the closet with Madonna and Jane Oliver.
Now it's back to Cocteau Twins, Colourbox, and Husker Du. I say
thank goodness. I thought The Dreaming was interesting the first
few times I heard it, but after a while it sounded shallow and
pretentious. More a hodge-podge of jingles than actual songs.
As for HoL, If you take CabV at half speed mix in Eurythmics at
double speed, and put inane lyrics on top you'ld have something
very similar but, no doubt, more interesting.

BTW, you don't really think the NME review of HoL was anything
but satire do you? Come on, kissing the cover?!

-- Keith Keilman