Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TKI Covers

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 85 21:10:58 edt
Subject: TKI Covers

> From: Tim Wicinski <wicinski@nrl-css.ARPA>

> How many covers of "The Kick Inside" are there??

Gee.  Lots and lots?  There are at least five.

The Original cover is the "Kite" cover, with Kate flying by the big
eyeball.  The U.S. cover is often called the "Red Sox" picture.  It's
sort of KB looking like a country/western singer, which is why, I would
suppose, you called it the "Tammy Wynette cover".  The Canadian cover is
the "Oooh my aching hairdoo" cover and looks like something out of Vogue
magazine.  The Japanese cover is a cropped version of the original KB
EMI publicity poster that Vermorel was talking about and could be called
the "Nipples" cover, except that they cropped off half of each nipple.
I'm told the Uraguay pressing has yet another cover.  And I don't know
about Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, etc.

> Doug, do you like have all of the "back issues" kept some place.

Yes.  The archives are in a directory called "/u/nessus/s/lh" and can be
FTPed.  Be *very* careful not to delete anything, since some things are
publicly writable.  The most current archives are a file called
"lh-archive" and older archives are in the subdirectory "archives" and
are called "1", "2", etc.

			-Doug