Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Cocteau Twins

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 85 22:20:30 edt
Subject: Re: Cocteau Twins

> Can someone tell me anything about the Cocteau Twins?  I remember
> someone here saying interesting things about them, so I bought one of
> their albums.

I don't know a whole lot about them, so I can only be very vague.  I
have one of their albums, and it is is quite good.  Most of their stuff
that I've heard is mellow and spacy.  They have a bunch of albums and
are one of the major groups that are involved in the "This Mortal Coil"
project.  The lead singer of the Cocteau Twins is the person who sings
the bizarre cover of Roy Harper's "Another Day" on This Mortal Coil's
album "It'll End In Tears" and her voice was compared to KB's in an
article in the Boston Globe.  A friend saw them live and said they were
really good, but that everyone in the group was totally drugged out of
their mind and that the lead singer was really nervous and shy and
didn't always remember her lyrics.

			"We're all alone on the stage tonight"

			 Doug