Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

If Kate's a witch...

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 85 11:03:20 edt
Subject: If Kate's a witch...

...then what are the German Shepherds?

I have this album called "Music For Sick Queers" by the German
Shepherds.  At least half the vocals on the album are backwards and
there is a credit on the album that says "J. Christ -- backwards voice,
imagery".  These are the lyrics to one of the songs:

	THC

	You MAY wonder how I got this way --
	When I was 16 I began experimenting with drugs.
	Little did I realize that as I lay back in a stupor
	And listened to the loud psychedelic music,
	(Popular with many young people)
	That I was actually allowing
	Satan to enter my soul!
		My breath is like sewage
		My breast is filled with tears
		My eyes have seen the worship --
	The gods that exhibit no care
		The evil of man has raised up an idol
	Man worships the whore --
	The idol is beast.
		I went to a church, & up on the cross --
			It said THC
	Satan's music playing: ugly loud feedback noise.
		Life now controlled, controlled by the Beast
		Life now controlled, controlled by the Beast
		Life now controlled, controlled by the Beast
	We arrested Jesus, & then he was crucified --
	& up on the cross it said THC
		Take this my blood is THC
	I can't remember anything -- the police say
	That I'd been smoking angel dust.  My parents
	Were watching television & I came downstairs
	And murdered them.

-Doug