Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Mission of Burma Review

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 85 09:50:15 edt
Subject: Re: Mission of Burma Review

> From: Tim Wicinski <wicinski@nrl-css.ARPA>

> Mission of Burma - The Horrible Truth About Burma (Ace of Hearts
> Records, Boston Mass).

> .... Burma broke up because Roger Miller (a stab) had ear problems
> that caused him to wear these large headphones to block out noise.

What's "a stab"?

> A few of the members of Burma can be found in Birdsongs of the
> Mesozic,

Roger Miller and Martin Swope.

> another Boston band that picked up where Burma was leading.

Actually, Birdsongs is much different.  It is an instrumental piano,
organ, synthesizer, and guitar band.  Mission of Bhurma was vocals,
guitars, and drums.

> For some to me, this album doesn't seem as accessable to me as either of
> their other album. I'm not saying this is bad, but for someone who has never
> heard of Burma, I wouldn't recomend it for them, I would suggest their
> Signal, Calls, and Marhces ep.

I was not nearly as impressed by "Signal, Calls, and Marches".  It is
too ordinary sounding.  "The Horrible Truth About Burma" is way out.

				"*This* is true entertainment"

				 Doug