Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: things that appeared on >1 songs: tNW

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 85 06:27:56 edt
Subject: Re: things that appeared on >1 songs: tNW

> From: Henry Chai <chai%utflis%toronto.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA>

> Now I'm sure that there are other, more subtle things that are treated in
> a similar way, but since my equipment is lo-fi, that's all I can come up
> with.  Does anyone else have any similar discoveries?

Well there are also some references to things on other albums.  There's
whale singing somewhere (I don't remember offhand where), which alludes
to "Moving" and there's the quote "ALL THE LOVE that waits for you here"
in "Jig of Life".  And Cloudbusting is based on "The Book Of Dreams".

> Doug wrote that "Cloudbusting" is going be the next single.  Just the
> day before yesterday I heard it on CFNY ("gold").  I wonder if they
> have some inside info, or could it be that they guessed it to be the
> next single??

I have these notes that I wrote down when I listened to the album for
the very firt time, and on those notes I predicted that "Cloudbusting"
would be the next single, so maybe it's obvious.  I don't know why I
thought that, since now it doesn't seem very commercial to me, and later
I changed my mind to "The Big Sky".  But it appears that "The Big Sky"
is not going to be a single at all in the near future.

In any case, I'm sure the record company has been telling someone
something because I walked into Strawberries a couple of days ago and
they were playing a tape that the Strawberries corporation had made up
for "Hounds of Love".  It had three songs on it: RuTH, HoL, and
Cloudbusting.

				-Doug

"We shouldn't let a dog ride on the space shuttle, because on the way
home it might stick its head out the window and burn its face off."