Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

things that appeared on >1 songs: tNW

From: Henry Chai <chai%utflis%toronto.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 85 06:07:45 edt
Subject: things that appeared on >1 songs: tNW

In _The Ninth Wave_ side, there are little things that appeared on more
than one song, thus somehow tying the songs together.  Here's what
I've found:

"Little light..."  (a leap of a perfect fifth) in "And Dream of Sheep" &
                   "Waking the Witch" (beginning part)

surf + seagull     "And Dream of Sheep" & "Waching you without Me"
                   (& "Hello Earth" ?? just before the 2nd Greek chorus --
		    but it sounded more like wind than surf)

submarine sounds   "Under Ice" & "Hello Earth"

"Over Here"       (Spoken by male voice)  "Waking the Witch" & "Jig of Life"

"Listen to me, Talk to me..."  (chopped up) "Waking the Witch" & "Watching You
                  Without Me"

Now I'm sure that there are other, more subtle things that are treated in
a similar way, but since my equipment is lo-fi, that's all I can come up
with.  Does anyone else have any similar discoveries?

Doug wrote that "Cloudbusting" is going be the next single.  Just the day
before yesterday I heard it on CFNY ("gold").  I wonder if they have some
inside info, or could it be that they guessed it to be the next single??

-- Henry