Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Record News

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 85 00:53:42 edt
Subject: Record News

Kate says that the next single is "Cloudbusting" and will be released
sometime around Oct 14.  Everyone else says that "Hounds of Love" is the
next single, but Kate always gets her way with such things.  EMI-America
doesn't necessarily have to do what EMI does, though.  (After all,
EMI-America didn't even release any of her other singles except TMWTCIHE
and "Wuthering Heights" -- and that one is so rare, it's worth about
$20.)

Love and Rockets just came out with their debut album, and it's a
gatefold.  (I didn't know they did those anymore....)

The Space Negroes just came out with an album (I believe their first).
It is called "Pink Noise".  Eric Lindgren (alias The Space Negroes)
caries the records to the record stores himself, and apparently he
hasn't come around here, yet, because I can't find his album.  Strangely
enough, Zig Zag, a British magazine, reviewed "Pink Noise" in the
October issue.

Robyn Hitchcock has just released a live album and has been dropped by
his American record company.  Isn't the U.S. great?  (Strangely enough
80% of Hitchcock's record sales are in the U.S.)

			-Doug

"Frank knew that no man had ever crossed the desert on foot and lived
to tell about it.  So, he decided to get back in his car and keep
driving."