Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

old topics/new topics/who cares

From: Tim Wicinski <wicinski@nrl-css.ARPA>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 85 07:58:51 edt
Subject: old topics/new topics/who cares

From: Jim Hofmann <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
Subject:  Assorted notes on past topics

>I bet they would have behaved if *their* parents were there.  I take Henry
>was I good boy and drink any of his sweat though?

no, no sweat drinking this time. He usually only does that with BF.

>Hey, Tim, do you have a Minor Threat discography?  Do you think they'll
>ever reform or will they become millionair record executives.  What compilation
>or 7" is 1-2-3-X-U on?  (I think that is the name.)

I probably have a discography from dischord, and not counting any
apperances on any other compilations.  They put out 5 records, counting
the first record (dischord #1) when Ian and Jeff Nelson were with the
Teen Idles (choice of the ep - Deadhead, a great song about deadheads).
Then was Minor Threat (a 7"). Then came a 7" called Out of Step, with
the first version of out of step (they repackaged these two singles into
a 12" last year).  Then came the 12" called "Out of Step" probably the
big one for them. Then they bagged it. This year they released a 7" called
"Salad Days" (Salad Days means a time of youthful innoncence).  The
only Compilation I can remember them being on off the top of my head
is the "Flex Your Head" Comp. It has SOA (with a version of "Steppin' Stone
on it), Minor Threat, and old GI's, Void, etc. I believe it is out of
print, but I need to get it.

The song you are referring to is called 12XU. It was originally done by a
band called Wire on their album called "Pink Flag".  This is a great
album !!! Buy or Die as we say in the business !!

tim
- a man possessed by a band full of obnoxious assholes

--Token KB Question: It sounded like there will be NO tour. Any idea
is she will "do" England ??  If I get some ntoice, I'll be there.