Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

How to play your records backwards

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 85 19:42:26 edt
Subject: How to play your records backwards

> OK.  I give up.  Just *how* does one listen to albums (or CD's...)
> backwards?  (I need to know about all these evil things that I am
> being programed with!  :-) )

Well, you don't play your CDs backwards unless you transfer them first
to reel to reel tape.  You listen to albums backwards by using a spare
copy of the album, an old stylus, and preferably an old cartridge (I'm
too lazy for the last one and I only have one cartridge, and I managed
to not mangle my copy of "The Dreaming" too badly, either.)  You then
unplug the record player and turn the platter backwards by hand.

Have fun!

			"We let the weirdness in"

			 Doug