Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: David Hardy <whizzo>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 85 09:24:45 edt

What I heard on the album version (at least off the top of my head; I'm a little
confused since it isn't much like what someone else here heard), was at the
end of side 4, "Somebody spoke", and at the beginning of side 1,"You can't hear
me", or something like that.  This is on the album version, I havn't listened to
the CD version that closely, although I do recall it sounding remixed from the
album version in places.  Anyone else notice this?

Re: my first experience with Hounds of Love:  I liked the Hounds of Love side
the first time I heard it, and like it better with repeated listening.  I had
mixed reactions to the "Ninth Wave" side, but havn't had the time to listen to
either one a large number of times.  If things follow true to the apparent
love-hounds norm, I guess these opinions will switch around.  All in all though
I like "Hounds of Love" better than "The Dreaming" (please don't send out the
lynch mobs though; it's just my opinion).

                                             >>> Dave

"Now I think of myself as damaged goods;
Noone's ever treated me as gently as I hoped they would"
                                       - Christine Lavin