Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: how to mail to me

From: harvard!topaz!jerpc.PE.UUCP
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 85 06:39:46 edt
Subject: Re: how to mail to me

> The mail don't go from here to dere, either... I've tried five or six
> different paths, too.  The site "topaz" doesn't seem to know about any
> "jerpc" or "jerpc.PE.UUCP".

That's due to the wonders of Sendmail... if you read net.mail
you may recall my long discussions a few months back, which I
finally gave up on, regarding the evils of the new "smart
mailers"... jerpc isn't adjacent to topaz at all!  To send to
anything with the "PE" subdomain, you have (at present) to send it
to peora, which is PE's nameserver for the time being (though
actually it can route mail to almost anywhere, not just PE
sites)... my real address is
     ...!vax135!petsd!peora!jerpc.PE!jer
on the east coast, or
     ...!ihnp4!pesnta!peora!jerpc.PE!jer