Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lyrics to "The Band Played On"

From: allegra!ihnp4!ptsfa!bdp
Date: 3 Oct 85 23:20:59 CDT (Thu)
Subject: Re: Lyrics to "The Band Played On"

I guess I'm joining this discussion in the middle, since I don't recall
why you're interested in these, but....

The lyrics you have to "The Band Played On" are not the ones I remember:

	Casey would waltz with a strawberry blonde
	And the band played on
	He'd glide 'cross the floor with the girl he adored
	And the band played on
	But his brain was so loaded it nearly exploded
	The poor girl would shake with alarm
	He'd ne'er leave the girl with the strawberry curls
	And the band played on

I think I even know where I originally learned them from, and hence could
probably dig up a reference, if you're that interested....

					"It's me...."

					Barbara Petersen
					{dual,ihnp4}!ptsfa!bdp