Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

the overwhelming opinion is that NotS is Kate's best song.  I agree,
though I have several favorites: "Pull Out The Pin", "Leave It Open",
"Get Out Of My House", "Breathing", "Waking The Witch", "Under The Ivy",
and "Jig Of Life" are just as good in my opinion.

> (Lyrically, "All the Love" is.)

Nah, "Sat In Your Lap" and "Get Out Of My House" are!

>> Anyway, of more interest to the rest of the list, I wanted to ask
>> what the instrument is in "Swallow" that accompanies KB through the
>> passage that begins just after "Take them over the water..."

> I listened to that a couple of times, and I am positive it's a
> violin (besides which, it says "fiddle" on the sleeve!).

I believe it's actually fiddle, uillean pipes, and penny whistle playing
at the same time.  There's also a bouzouki playing, but that can be
heard as distinct from the other instruments.

			"And though pigs can fly
			 They'll never find us
			 Posing as the night"

			 Doug

P.S.  An amusing quote for all you anti-prudes out there by KB about
"The Dreaming":

	It took me a long time to do but I think there are some very
	intense songs and the ones I like best of all are 'Nice To
	Swallow', 'Houdini', and 'Get Out'.  All in all, I was very
	proud of this record.