Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I think Boston has gone KB crazy!!!!

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 85 22:38:34 edt
Subject: I think Boston has gone KB crazy!!!!

I turned on the TV today, and they were in the middle of a TV commercial
for "Hounds of Love"!!!!

I turned on the radio today and they were in the middle of playing "Oh
England My Lionheart"!

I went today to Strawberries, a typical pop chain record store and RUTH
is their "featured single"!  "Hounds of Love" today is the number two
selling album at Newbury Comics, the hip, trendy, import record store in
Boston (The Cure's album is number one).  Everyplace has totally sold
out of the limited edition colored vinyl version of HOL, and it has been
replaced by a normal version.  The record store had *piles* of the
limited edition, and it's only been four days since they appeared in the
record stores.

I called up WFNX today and asked them to play something off of HOL.
Reply: "I just played Kate Bush five mintues ago" (RUTH has been the
number one song on WFNX for the past three weeks).  RUTH is all over the
icky pop disco radio station ("Kiss" radio).  I've turned on V66 (a
Massachusetts music video channel) maybe ten times in the past two
weeks.  On half of those times, they were either in the middle of
showing the video for RUTH, using the music for RUTH in a commercial, or
showing a commercial for HOL!

Isn't this getting a little rediculous?  You'd think Kate Bush was
Prince or something....

			"Over America
			 Can't do anything"

			 Doug