Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hounds of Love

From: Laura Frank Clifford <lcliffor@bbnccm.ARPA>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 85 9:57:04 EDT
Subject: Hounds of Love

Wow!  I just LOVE side 2 of this album!  I think there's more linkage between
side 1 and side 2 than has been discussed here, however.  Possibly that
side 1 is the anticipation of love and side 2 is the despair? (I've only listened
to the album twice, so have to give this more thought.  Side one has lyrics
to the effect of looking forward to something while the end of side two says
"why did I go"?)

Does anyone know why Kate thanks Werner Herzog on the lyrics sheet, right
after listing her family members, etc.?  Werner Herzog is one of my VERY
favorite film directors - I'd be interested to know what the connection is!

Laura Clifford