Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Fred V.'s bio on Sex Pistols

From: Jim Hofmann <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 85 13:05:12 EDT
Subject: Re: Fred V.'s bio on Sex Pistols

I haven't read it but I did just get finished rereading "Remember
Bix" which is a bio on Bix Beiderbecke (sp?).  It's amazing
how the more things change the more they stay the same.  Bix's
life looks more like a rock musicians (ala Jimi, Keith Moon) than
what you would think a standard jazz tooter/viper would be.

All in all, a good book (don't remember the authors name) cause it
also describes (for all you drummers) how the hi-hat was invented,
the tyranny of Paul Whiteman, gay/drag-queen lifestyles in the
1920's-30's and a personal account of a young man discovering
marihuana, free sex and the automobile.  Good reading really.  Wouldn't
be suprised if you can find it at the local library.

Jim H.