Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RUTH video

From: topaz!andromeda!ruhub!mjl@seismo.CSS.GOV
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 85 23:01:44 edt
Subject: RUTH video

I just saw RUTH for the first time, on U68, a UHF video channel...

My previous exposure to KB is in the form of an EP from 1983 on EMI America
records called, simply, "Kate Bush".  This EP contains "Sat In Your Lap",
"James and the Cold Gun", "Babooshka", "Suspended in Gaffa" and "Un Baiser
D'Enfant (The Infant Kiss)".

First, where can I get more of her material?  I live very close to New
York City, but can anyone suggest specific record shops?

Second, towards the end of the video, say, in the last 10-15 seconds, the
camera is panning to the left and as they pass the performers (Kate and
the male dancer) the performer draws her/his arms apart in the same way
one would draw a bow.  I suppose I notice this because I am an archer,
but did anyone else pick up on this?  I am not familiar with the lyric,
is this in any way appropriate?

I want my KB!

{M}