Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Records Stores/Mail Ordering/Rare Records/Information

From: Bob Knight <KNIGHT@SU-SCORE.ARPA>
Date: Thu 19 Sep 85 12:30:26-PDT
Subject: Re: Records Stores/Mail Ordering/Rare Records/Information

Try Bow Wow Records in Albuquerque on Amherst Drive SouthEast.  The prop.
is Andy Horvitz, and their phone number is (505) 256-0928.  Andy's great,
and stocks a lot of stuff you can't find in larger urban areas because
the selections get picked over by the cognoscenti.  Jonathan Richman
stays with Andy when he tours ABQ.  Andy does have a set of strategy
cards, but he may not want to part with them.  Tell Andy I sent you...

Also, there's a place in Burbank called Disc-ontinued Records, 444 So.
Victory Blvd.  I found an album there that I'd been looking for for
years.  Typically, they cater to fanatics and film companies.  They're
not cheap, but they'll have a good chance of having things you might
want.  BTW, an interesting point - they won't sell you a copy of
something unless they have at least two.  They keep an archive
copy of everything.  Quite an interesting front office - if you're
in the area, I'd recommend visiting it.

Bob
-------