Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Relayer Demise

From: harvard!topaz!petsd!peora!jer
Date: Thursday, 12 Sep 1985 12:52-EDT
Subject: Relayer Demise

This probably should go in net.music, but I don't read net.music any more
after their unkind comments on Kate Bush fans recently, so I will post it
here instead.

Doug Alan recently posted in net.music some information about a Yes
"fanzine" called "Relayer".  Well, I wrote to them for information, and to
my disappointment, got a letter back saying that they are discontinuing the
magazine.  There is only one issue left, although if you subscribe you get
2 back issues also.  I got my 2 back issues today; they look OK, though not
filled with very profound interpretations of lyrics or anything (also there
is something really bizarre about this group... they seem to have a great
fondness for photographs of the backs of Yes members' heads!  With their
letter telling me they were going out of business, they sent me a
photograph of Jon Anderson and Chris Squire, both facing the other way; and
in one of these back issues is a photograph by the same person, of all 4 of
them facing the other way.  I guess these are "bootleg" photographs or
something... but I am surprised he didn't get any photographs with them
facing the right way.  I mean, he could have used a Cambron Cola Can Camera
or something...:-))

They also have an interesting order form for a "Yes: the Authorized
Biography," though... you can order it for #8.95 (that's 8 pounds 95, they
don't take US currency, either) from "Gollancz Services, Order Dept.,
14 Eldon Way, Lineside Estate, Little Hampton, West Sussex BN17 7EH,
England.  I haven't ordered it as yet (they suggest you get an international
money order from "Barclay's", whoever that is), so I don't know if it is
any good or not.