Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Bosch schizophrenic?

From: Jordan Hayes <jordan%ucbarpa@Berkeley>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 85 10:18:47 pdt
Subject: Re: Bosch schizophrenic?
Home-Phone: (415) 835-8767
Uucp-Path: ...ucbvax!jordan

	From nessus@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU Thu Aug 29 08:42:12 1985

	Art is a study of the human mind.  Thus many artists (the ones
	I like the best, in fact) try to tap the subconscious mind and
	present its images in a viewable or hearable (etc.) form.

EEK! And all this time I couldn't figure out *what* ART was. So, ART is
in fact the study of the human mind... what will all those people with
psychology degrees *do* ...

Doug, man, ART is an EXPRESSION, not a study. There's very little STUDY
involved, and if there were, it wouldn't be, in fact, ART. Artists
don't enjoy "watching images come from the subconcious" or other
silliness, but they do understand the inspiration and have a want/need
to communicate what they feel (be that an emotional feeling, an
intelectual feeling, what have you).

/jordan