Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Rare items and Dutch videos

From: Doug Alan <nessus>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 85 00:33:57 edt
Subject: Rare items and Dutch videos

> From: ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!r032 (SamR - Sam Rebelsky)
> To: ihnp4!mit-eddie!nessus

>FLAME TIME

>  I said "...special KB items that they want to TALK ABOUT."  Talk
> about does not mean listing, it means discussing.  I wouldn't mind the
> list if you also said something interesting about the stuff (like,
> what's on the video(s), perhaps ratings/discussions of some sort (i.e.
> "The Danish videos are ..., but while I found them amazing (because
> anything Kate does is amazing), they really don't stack up against
> ....").

> EOFLAME

>  Oh well, your collection sounds quite interesting no matter what.

Well, it could take me megabytes to describe all the stuff!  But if
anyone wants to know anything more about any of the stuff I listed, just
ask and I shall tell you about it.

The Dutch videos for "The Kick Inside" are actually really excellent.
They are significantly better, I think than other early Kate Bush
videos.  The Dutch video for "Wuthering Heights" is much better than the
promo video -- it seemd to have a much higher budget.  The other ones
are all much simpler, and probably had a small budget, but they are very
well done and don't appear to be as hastily done.  All of Kate's early
promo videos, and most of her other ones (or at least "The Dreaming")
were each filmed in one day.

			"Our thumping hearts hold the ravens in
			 And keep the tower from tumbling"

			 Doug