Cloudbusting -- Kate
Bush In Her Own Words
Rumors About Kate
Is it true that you're going to make a film called the gold
plated dream machine with the motorcycle stunt rider eddie kidd?
- No, it isn't, and I've never even heard of it. You mustn't believe
everything (or anything?) you read in the papers. Quite a lot of articles
irritate me because of their inaccuracy. It would be so easy for a journalist
to send me the copy of what they've written so I could check up on the facts -
not of their opinion, which is their own business - but on the facts; and so
far, not one has done so. Nearly every interview is distorted in some way.
That's one of the reasons for starting this club, so that I can give you the
genuine facts that you want to know. (1979, KBC 3)
Is it true
that you're doing a tv special in september and that your guest is to be roy
[Laughs] no, no I don't know about that at all.
Where did he get that question from?
- I don't know.
He just made it up.
- But Roy is really great. Hey Roy, if you're out there. (1982,
Unknown BBC interview)
truth in the rumor that kate is going to sing on a record, oh it's another one
of these questions, is going to sing on a record with midge ure which trevor
horn is producing?
- Isn't that [??? Something]... someone else said that to me
today and I haven't heard about it at all. Maybe someone should come and let me
know. No, I don't know about it. (1982, Unknown BBC interview)
This is one of those rumours, which keeps appearing. It's about the
ken russell film, the re-make of ``
wuthering heights'' And is it true you were offered the lead part as Cathy
- Uh, I've heard this as a rumour as well.
[Laughter from audience]
- Uh, a few people have said to me, ``Is it true?'' I've not heard
anything about this, and so, I don't know. But we'll see, won't we? If there's
any truth in it, I presume they'll ask me! [Laughing]
Laughter from audience]
- Unless they've got something else planned [Laughing.] Well, I
don't know. What do you think?
[Cries of ``yeah!"]
- D'you think it would be a good idea?
[Louder cries of ``yeah!"]
- D'you really? I find that very interesting -
- - that you do. Well, I will seriously consider it now, if I'm asked.
It's very nice. If it's true, it's very nice. (1990 Kate Bush Con)
Cloudbusting / Subjects / Rumors About Kate