Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

My last burst (or bust)

From: markwegner@webtv.net (Mark Wegner)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 08:08:13 -0600
Subject: My last burst (or bust)
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

1.  I did not use the word "normal" to describe straight people vs. gay.
It was used to describe people like myself (straight or gay) who do not
have the "special power" to understand what Kate really means in her
songs, especially hidden meanings that contradict what Kate says the
song is about (you will also note I put "whatever that means" after the
word normal;  i realise this is a poor choice of words).
2.  Kim, I have known two men in my life named Kim.  I am not making fun
of your name, either.  I made a dumb mistake, and please don't blame it
on me being a man, or homophobic or whatever, it was a simple and honest
mistake.  The name Kim is somewhat unusual for a man,  at least where I
live.  I am sorry.
3.I have been MISQUOTED entirely.  I said "this whole cloudbursting is
about being gay thing makes me puke" NOT "this whole gay thing makes me
puke."
4. Due to large mail volume, I recieve this in digest form.  I recieved
some digests today that are over 2 weeks old, and I am NOT 100 percent
current in what is happening on this list.
5. It seems that if someone strays from being PC, the PC police pull a
Rodney King on them (there- now you can call me a racist too!!).  I
joined this list a few months ago to freely discuss Kate Bush, who I
have been a fan of for many years (I am long out of college, thank you),
but these personal attacks and name calling ...well, it is just too
much.  Possibly (ok, absolutely) my original posts were too blunt, but
at least I spoke what was in my heart;  all I ever wanted to do was
discuss the music, that is all.  I am leaving the list as of today, and
to the people I upset, I am sorry.  I still hold my original beliefs
regarding this song, but I must admit, if I could do it all over again,
there are a few choice words I would delete from my original posts!

                         Mark

some roads...