Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Forgotten Mistake

From: bigz <bigz@nation.nationgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 17:38:34 +0000
Subject: Forgotten Mistake
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Going through my old clippings yesterday, I suddenly remembered a story
about Hounds Of Love that I haven't thought of in ages.
	Back in 1985 when Hounds of Love came out, I was a journalist working
in Melbourne, Oz. Anyway, I remember reading at the time that the first
printings of the album wrongly attributed the ''Wave after wave, each
mightier than the last'' quote that's on the back of the album. I can't
remember who they (wrongly) attributed it to, but the pressings were
quickly recalled and the correct attribution (Tennyson's Hold Grail) was
put in its place.
	My question is this: Does anybody remember this story, too? And if so,
are there any of the original pressings around? They would have to be
worth something.
	Bigz