Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush gay?

From: "Ronald W. Garrison" <rwgarr@intrex.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 18:00:17 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate Bush gay?
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
To: James Smith <engjs@cc.newcastle.edu.au>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

James Smith wrote:

> Ronald W. Garrison writes:
>
> >> "Everytime it rains/
> >> You're here in my head/
> >> Like the sun coming out/
> >> Like your son's coming out"
>
> >> Is this a reference to homosexuality (coming out of the closet)? Or
> am
> >> completely missing a point here?
>
> Coming out means making yourself known to society. People used to have
> coming out parties for their kids at which they were presented,
> generally
> to a person of note such as a bishop or royalty. Afterwards the kid
> would
> be recognised as an adult by society.
>
> What Kate most likely means here is that the son is presenting his
> story
> to the world so that they will know about him and his father.
>
> Jim

=============================
Yo Jim--

Don't know how this happened, but...I didn't write the above.

Now, don't get me wrong--this is not exactly pushing my needle up into
the red--I do have a life (such as it is), and there are much bigger
fish to fry, or whatever metaphor you want to use, but...still, in the
interest of confusion factor reduction, not to mention good karma, and
even good dogma, it is always desirable to get correct the author of a
given quote. Or something like that. Speaking of life, it's time to shut
down the PC and get some dinner. CU.

--Ron

http://www.intrex.net/rwgarr/