Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Cloudbusting meanings

From: heisjohn@juno.com
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 22:16:36 -0400
Subject: Re: Cloudbusting meanings
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Ron wrote:
>--- Bryan Dongray wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Various people have discussed different meanings to the lyrics of
>Cloudbusting, but what I pose to you all is, what is the significance
>of the train sounds (steam, whistle, etc) at the end of the track?
>
>			Bryan Dongray
>--- end of quote ---
>well.....isn't it obvious??   It's symbolic of somoeone
>"coming out", of course.    ;-)

YES!  And then he was, uummm... run out of town on a rail, right??

Seriously though, Bryan's post made me realize something.  I've always
considered the train sounds an integral part of the song, but until he
mentioned it, it really never occurred to me that they just don't seem to
fit at all!  Anybody know?

John