Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Come Again?

From: Richard van Gils <gils1069@exact.nl>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 10:39:40 +0200
Subject: RE: Come Again?
To: "'Collinson, Wendy'" <Wendy.Collinson@olsy.co.uk>
Cc: "'love-hounds@gryphon.com'" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Return-Receipt-To: <gils1069@exact.nl>

Wendy,

And come to think of it, Mike Scott originally comes from Edinburgh, so
that will make The Waterboys a Scottish band instead of the stated Irish
(whoever claimed it to be Irish). Anyway, all these facts are not as
important as the music itself. First or third single, Irish or Scottish
(or even American), Kate Bush or Loreena McKennitt (or Heather Nova or
whoever), it's all 'lood om oud ijzer' as we say in Holland (translates
to something like 'lead around old iron' which doesn't make much sense,
but means that it really doesn't matter). As long as the music gets
right into your heart, nothing else matters.

Some say that knowledge is something that you'll never have...
(I say that knowledge is something that you don't really need)

Greetings, Richard 'Lionheart' van Gils