Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Covers Others

From: "boots" <more@more.more>
Date: 14 Sep 1997 21:09:03 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate Covers Others
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Alan Chamberlin <xxxxabckid@ix.netcom.com> wrote in article
> Now, "1983:  A Merman I Shall Turn to Be" (hope that's right) there's a
> definite Kate possibility.

It's a wonderful thought, but I doubt there's anyone (with the possible
exception of Peter Gabriel) that could pull it off. Think about it, that's
like asking someone to do ohhhh all of Pink Floyd's Animals. 1983 is an
opus, Kate would have to be truly obsessed with the song to even begin to
start thinking about the production. It would be really great, and I could
very easily see the ultimate acid rock album by Kate
1983, Hendrix
the Musical Box, Genesis
Echoes, Pink Floyd

hey, why not just really go over the top and add on In-a-Gadda-da-vida and
Stairway to Heaven.
(only trying to sound a tiny bit sarcastic, but I'd hate to see the amount
of drugs Kate would have to be on to do a 10 minute cover song by ANYONE)

just an opinion

boots