Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Melanie

From: skipperway@aol.com (Skipperway)
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 12:22:42 -0400
Subject: Re: Melanie
To: <rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
SnewsLanguage: English

I've been out for a bit, sorry if  has already been answered.

Melanie wrote her "candle song" about the Woodstock experience.  I believe
the title is" Lay Down (Candles in the Rain)".  It doesn't have anything to
do with Marilyn Monroe, but it is an excellent song.  Her other general
recognizable hits were "Brand New Key" (the roller skating song) and "Look
What They Done to My Song Ma" which was bastardized recently in a
commercial (salad dressing?).

-Shelley