Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: And It Seemed To Me You Lived Your Life Like A Candle In The Wind . . .

From: Raven Tompkins <rtompkin@indiana.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 12:58:54 -0500
Subject: Re: And It Seemed To Me You Lived Your Life Like A Candle In The Wind . . .
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Robb McCaffree wrote:

> Stormin' wrote:
> >
> > Farewell, Princess Di.  Maybe someday beyond all that we heard from
> > the Tabloids that made you and then literally destroyed you, we'll
> > finally get to know you.
> >

> Does anyone know if Kate ever met Diana? She, of course, met
> Charles on at least one occasion -- the Prince's Rock Gala in
> '83(?) when she sang "Wedding List" -- but I don't remember
> seeing Diana in the audience for that one. I know Diana attended
> the one featuring Gloria Estefan...and that her favorite group
> was Duran Duran. Hmmm. Just curious. She will be missed...hard
> to believe she's no longer with us.
>
> Robb

This is probably going to piss someone off but what I found myself
saddened by this last weekend was that Princess Di's death got so
much coverage and Mother Teresa's passing was barely touched on.

I found it really disturbing. Where are we when our fascination with
the rich and famous has taken over to the extent where the Princess
Di's funeral becomes the most watched event on TV ever and the only
pictures even shown of Mother Teresa were of her meeting Princess
DI?

Raven