Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: To NG, or not to NG...

From: chrisw@wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 01:17:50 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: To NG, or not to NG...
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In rec.music.gaffa you write:

>Don't know whether this will get posted before or after another post of
>mine on this subject, but...

>Under the category of Strange Phenomenon...

>For an example of web-based discussion, check out the following email I
>received this morning:

>The software they are using, "Web Crossing", costs about $1000 (there's
>a link to the developer's web-site in the intro/demo).  Surely there is
>another package out there, but I'd be willing to kick in $50 for
>Gaffaweb to purchase a copy.

   There is already a Kate-based web chat board.
(http://www.intserv.com/~dobenson/talk_to_kate.html)
That you are unaware of it's existance proves how ineffective
they are at attracting new fans. The spam in gaffa appears to
once again be under control, and we have our lovely spam-free
haven back.

   There are dozens of free web-based chat programs out there. What
Gaffaweb *does* need is:

   A search engine
   A newsgroup archive

   Any assistance in this area welcome.