Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Elton John

From: "John Willaims" <ducati900@classic.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 97 17:20:55 UT
Subject: Elton John
To: <rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net>

  Hello my name is John
                                l just wanted to say how backward l thought
that little blurb on Elton John was the other day.l know Elton probably hasn't
done much good in the last couple of decades, but his first ten to twelve
years, about the same as Kates productive life by the way,were
exceptional.Kate didn't appear on his tribute album because she felt sorry for
him but because his and Bernies talents deserved regonition, and his best work
is the equal of anything  that has come out of Britan, l was concerned about
what he could do with that great song that would be fitting to the occasion
but he did the song and princess Di proud.
                          l don't think you need to belittle great talent that
isn't Kates', all you are really doing is showing your ignorance. Seems a bit
funny to me that somebody on the net should need to wonder at who first sung
the song how about looking up the Elton John site.
                         Now that l've got that off my chest l'm hoping the
next thing l read here will be a little more positive.