Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jewel Bush?

From: sleyawnepy@aol.com (SLEyawnEPY)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 14:19:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Jewel Bush?
To: <rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
SnewsLanguage: English

Hey.... I HEAR YOU THERE!!!  I like Jewel but she is no Kate, and she
doesn't come close.  IF she did, it wouldn't be with "These Foolish Games",
anyhow.   But as for your comparison to Tori Amos, I have one explanation
as to how the chain got linked, and that is that Tori Amos is a
completely-remodeling imitator of such originals as Kate, ideal for the
90's sensibility of selling out classics to make room for a generation's
creative failure.  Matter of fact the first time I heard Tori on the radio
I thought Kate was just killing time making records again and decided to go
it half-assed.  I was so glad to find out she wasn't!  I never made that
mistake with Jewel.
<sigh>  I LOVE YOU KATE!   hehehehe... why'd you ever have to grow up?
<sigh>