Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: All will be revealed to those who seek.....

From: waldn@ucla.edu (Stormin')
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 17:24:53 GMT
Subject: Re: All will be revealed to those who seek.....
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

matt.adams@wmcmail.wmc.ac.uk wrote:

>     Here's something to get you all thinking, seeing how things seem to
>     have petered out lately.
>
>     How many of you can honestly say that you don't hear something "new"
>     each time you listen to a piece of Kate's work?

This sounds like Deja Vu to me.  Have I received this post before?

>     I can say that every time I listen to a Kate album, or watch a video
>     of hers I find something new, or a new angle on something old.  This
>     is the sign of a true genius.  It also makes me think that if I am
>     still discovering stuff all this time on, it must take Kate an
>     extraordinary amount of time to construct her many layered works.

Whenever I allow myself time between albums (Especially Hounds of Love
and The Dreaming, Never For Ever and The Red Shoes as well), I often
do notice something that perks my ears.  That's why I can't wait until
I finally find a store that has the new Hounds Of Love (I may just
special order or CDNOW it!  :)   )

Stormin'