Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Maxwell's This Woman's Work

From: yu127620@YorkU.CA (Ratnadeep Bhadra)
Date: 20 Aug 1997 04:52:03 GMT
Subject: Maxwell's This Woman's Work
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I finally got a copy of Maxwell's version of "this woman's work".
Wha t  do yo uall think?  I 've never heard the song and am now totally in
love with the song and the lyrics.  Must hear her version soon!

I was totally and i stress totally floored by Maxwell's beautiful
heartfelt falsetto especially during the chorus.  Maxwell 's vocals here
reminded me of why I became hookedon Prince so many years ago.  THis guy
can sing, and what a song to sing.  I can't believe there would be people
who honestly don't like the version.
Makes me wish that Prince would record a Kate song, like "you're theone"
the final song on The RED Shoes.

RONNY