Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (Re Tracey's several Kate questions)

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@mednet.ucla.edu>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 04:03:14 -0700
Subject: Re: (Re Tracey's several Kate questions)
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Ronald W. Garrison wrote:

> IMHO this ice=drug thing is *really* reaching...

I don't think it's what Kate intended, but I can see "cutting
little lines in the ice" being interpreted as cutting lines of
cocaine in a mirror, and then seeing herself in the mirror when
she "drowns" in her addiction, "it's me, it's me, it's meeeeee."

But "Under The Ivy" is, of course, about marijuana.

Just kidding.

Robb