Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Could HOL/9thW be the greatest album ever???

From: blyoung2@webtv.net (Bill Young Jr.)
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 19:24:52 -0400
Subject: Could HOL/9thW be the greatest album ever???
To: rec-music-gaffa@ncren.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I recently played the whole Hounds of Love album and then listened to
the others by KT. The Dreaming and before sounded like a younger, more
inexperienced Kate (which she was...not to mention she had less
production/recording freedom). After HOL all we have is TSW and TRS.
Both are excellent albums, but I feel have a track or two that could be
omitted. HOL does not have such a track (IMHO). All 12 songs are
masterpieces.....perfect 10's. And they are placed in perfect order.
What an opener! What a closer (to both HOL and T9thW)! I have many, many
albums in my collection, but I've never heard one that didn't need
something altered or cut out--except HOL. On and on I go.....perhaps
it's cos I bought it in early '86 at the age of 12 (my first Kate album
and it's been in my top 3 faves ever since). I doubt it's because
Alternative Press ranked it #44 in its Top 99 albums of '85-95---it
should've been #1!!!  :)

And for those interested in my #2 of all time......"Achtung Baby" by U2.

Just my opinion, of course.
Does anyone agree that HOL just might be the best..........EVER?