Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: LEAVE HER ALONE! (PLEASE)

From: skipperway@aol.com (Skipperway)
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 14:24:54 -0400
Subject: Re: LEAVE HER ALONE! (PLEASE)
To: <rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I don't think it's entirely fair to compare her production time to that of
a band.  If Kate were collaborating with other brilliant singer
songwriters (like John and Paul were), she might be creating twice as much
material.  And though i think John and Paul were/are both geniuses, I
think the quality of their work dropped off when they had to work by
themselves to fill up whole albums.

It's all beside the point, however.  Let Kate spend her days drinking tea,
or gardening or reading books.  I'll take whatever she produces when she
produces it.  Some artists produce well under the gun, some don't (and
again I point to Lionheart).

-Shelley