Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Idea for a Kate Bush CD....

From: Dongerous! <fastslow@IDT.NET>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 10:15:42 -0700
Subject: Re: Idea for a Kate Bush CD....
To: NODUI@worldnet.att.net
Cc: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net

At 4:02 PM -0700 8-3-97, NODUI@worldnet.att.net wrote:
>    I have this great idea for a Kate Bush CD.
>
>    I'm thinking of a cover album, where there are twelve or so artists
>who sing covers of twelve Kate Bush songs.  And, just to make it more
>interesting, Kate could have a new track on the CD.
>
>    So far, my sick and twisted mind has only been able to come up with
>the following artists and covers.
>
>Elton John "Oh England, My Lionheart"
>Tori Amos "The Red Shoes"
>Sarah McLauhlan "The Sensual World"
>Rod Steward "Running Up That Hill"
>Fiona Apple "Babooshka"
>
>    Anyone want to add any demented ideas to this list?  Or am I just
>nuttier than the average fruitcake? :)

No, no...this is a good thread.

How about:

Bowwowwow - "Sat In Your Lap"
Morrissey - "Wuthering Heights"
Sheena Easton - "Constellation of the Heart"
Bush - "Violin"
Pearl Jam - "The Man With The Child In His Eyes"
David Bowie - "Mother Stands For Comfort"
Elvis Costello & The Attractions - "James and the Cold Gun"
Nine Inch Nails - "Hammer Horror"

- Don