Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: HoL EMI Booklet

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@mednet.ucla.edu>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 1997 04:11:28 -0700
Subject: Re: HoL EMI Booklet
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Dongerous! wrote:

> Granted, Clapton did some fine work at one time, but he's been pretty
> tapped out since the Derek & the Dominos days were over. What's with that
> song about his kid falling out of a window? That nearly bored ME to
> death...

Are you being serious? Whether you're joking or not, this was an
offensive thing to say. I don't have a problem with your
disliking a song and saying so, but insensitivity to another's
pain -- especially in grief -- is simply not done. I know you
like to swagger in your posts -- and usually your assertiveness
makes me smile, but in this area it truly is best to step
lightly.

I'm sure one of the reasons KB chose Clapton to work on ASIL was
that he'd just experienced such a horrible loss -- much as she
had done with her mother. And the fact that he is a guitar god
probably didn't hurt her decision.  :-)

Robb