Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

EMI Booklet Saga Continues

From: Dongerous! <fastslow@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 21:25:14 -0700
Subject: EMI Booklet Saga Continues
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

I got the EMI100 edition of Jethro Tull's "Thick As A Brick" album today.
The EMI100 booklet is the "Kate Bush and Sheena Easton" version. I wonder
if the only KB-only verision is HoL. I did note that JT put out 17 albums
(at least one a double) in their first 20 years as a band (not counting
"live" and "greatest hits" albums)...not that that's relevent or anything.

Let's see, I also got the new Morrissey single, "Alma Matters." It's
produced by Steve Lillywhite, but it's still pretty pedestrian. Only one of
the extra songs, "Heir Apparent," catches my attention. I think Morrissey
has probably gotten all he can, composing-wise, from Martin Boorer and
Alain Whyte. Nothing like trying something new, or working with new
people...not that that's relevent or anything.

Oh, yeah, I also got a collection of Buzzcocks demos, "Chronology." It's
only for the hard-core fans, but if you're into them, it's pretty cool.
It's amazing that these guys put out three incredible albums in just three
years...not that that's relevent or anything.

- Don