Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate and TAFKAP

From: Karen Newcombe <kln@staralliance.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 14:21:15 -0700
Subject: Kate and TAFKAP
To: "love-hounds@gryphon.com" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

>Actually, while it is true, that some of Kate and Prince's collaborations
>(e.g., "Why Should I Love You") were done via quite a long-distance, on at
>least a couple of occasions, Kate travelled to Prince's Paisley Park Studios
>(which lie just south of Minneapolis, Minnesota) where the two of them have
>collaborated on quite a few tracks.  My friend, Starr, worked at the studios
>as one of Prince's dancers, and she knew how much I love Kate.  Several years
>ago, the summer of 1991 I think it was--but it could have been 1992, she came
>home from work one day bustin' her britches with the news that she had seen
>Kate there in the studios with Prince.

Funny, I heard the exact same rumor a few years ago from a friend,
coindidentally ALSO named Starr, ALSO a dancer -- except she was living in
Switzerland and had never been near anyone's recording studio.  She was a
big TAFKAP fan and showed up here one summer wondering when the KATE/PRINCE
album was going to come out.

Considering we had a very authoritative update on Kate's collaboration with
TAFKAP last year from one of his former sound engineers, and since that
person made it clear they had only met once (at the concert), I wonder if
there is some way to confirm the possible existence of these tracks.

Karen  kln@staralliance.com