Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: HoL - Reissue & Happy B-day, KT

From: "Ronald W. Garrison" <rwgarr@intrex.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 18:46:26 -0400
Subject: Re: HoL - Reissue & Happy B-day, KT
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
To: donna@math.uconn.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

DJH wrote:

> It arrived yesterday!!! Just in time for KaTemas.. I gripped it in
> both hands, eyes wide, and asked my SO, "should I save it for
> KaTemas?"
>
> He shrugged, so I dived for the sterio..  WOW!! YES!!! I LOVE THOSE
> PERCUSSIONS!!!  I pulled the old ratty lazy-boy into the middle of
> the living room, right in the middle of the triangle of my two bose
> speakers, and the base box...  poured a glass of wine, leaned back
> with closed eyes and waited for the wonder of KaTe.  My favorite cat
> leapt up into my lap to enjoy the music with me.. he purred and
> purred...  I would have purred too.. I guess I might have..
>
> I listened as if it was the first time..  Got goosebumps during
> RUTH, felt a pull at my gut during Cloudbusting, and got caught up
> in the wonder of the Ninth Wave..  It sounded like KaTe was standing
> right next to me.. the vocals so clear, the percusions so deep..
>
> However, I kept expecting to hear 'all sorts of things I never heard
> before'.. as several Lovehounds had mentioned... alas.. I didn't hear
> anything new..
>
> Then I remembered.. when HoL first came out, I was living with 4
> other people who weren't as keen on KaTe as myself.. (hard to
> belive, but true).. I listened to HoL everyday, once or twice, lying
> on the floor, eyes closed, with HEADPHONES...  I Heard EVERYTHING..
> I tested my theory by paying special attention to the bonus tracks..
> YES!  by goddess, I hear all sorts of things I hadn't heard before!!
>  I am running out to buy a set of headphones this weekend.. I can't
> wait to rediscover all of the other KaTe KreaTions with
> headphones....
>
> AND..
>
> Just in case KaTe tunes in....
>
> {my goddess, I am speechless... I have no idea how to even begin to
> express my overwhelming admiration of the art you create}
>
> And what actually would be spoken with jaw on floor and eyes VERY
> wide= 'ahhhhh, ahhhhhh, ahhhhhh,........'
>
> love, peace, and all things KaTe
> d~

...If you're serious about that headphone thing, you may be in for a
pleasant surprise. Certainly I haven't looked at a wide selection
myself, but in 1994 I ran across something in a magazine mentioning some
in-the-ear phones from Etymotic Research. The reviewer said, in essence,
that they had the best sound of any phones *or speakers* he'd ever
heard. There's a link to ER on the "music" page of my site (URL is
below--check out the other artists too while you're at it.) There's also
a link to Headroom, which makes portable headphone amps so you can take
that Er sound on the road (or in the air). I can vouch for the fact
that, although the in-the-ear bit takes some getting used to, these
little jobbies do *kick butt*. The bass is unsurpassed. And yes, I do
plan to get the remastered *Hounds of Love* quite soon.

--Ron

http://www.intrex.net/rwgarr/