Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

After the Party '97

From: Steve Berlin <stev0@zuni.likeminds.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 17:55:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: After the Party '97
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

This year the Bay Area Katemas celebration returned to Karen's place
(who hosted '95 and I think '94).

Every year at the Lovehounds party a new Kate Fan Product is unleashed;
this year is no exception.  Unfortunately, I can't tell you what it
is before it's Ready for Prime Time (hint:  It's a way cool bootleg CD
with tons o' stuff like all the Fruitopia music).

As usual, IED's 3-D hologram rendering, AKA Andy, had a Kate Jeopardy
game.  I'm really getting to old for this.  Example:

Andy:
Kate had a hit single in the U.S. called "Running up that..."
My brain:
"Hey, I know the answer to that one!  It's "Hill"!  But I have
to phrase it like a question: "Who is Hill?" No, that's not right,
"What is Hill"!  Yeah, that's it!  Now I better raise my hand.  I
should make some sound effect, too.  A buzzing sound would be nice..."

which, of course, by that time it would be three questions later.

We all gathered 'round to watch videes, including TLTC&TC.  I've
seen it a half dozen times now, and this was the FIRST time I've seen
it without noticing anything new.

I introduced everyone to my brand new wife, Regina - she's now met
Karen, Andy, Chris, & Vickie - more than many long-time Lovehounds
can claim.  And she's not even a Kate FanaTiK!  (Personal note for
Vickie:  I played her Ecto the other day and she LOVED it.  Hmmmm....)

I left rather early 'cause I had to use MUNI (San Francisco's system
which thinks it's a bus service.  For those in the Bay Area who've
never had to endure it, it gets employees that aren't helpful enough
to work at Fry's.  For those NOT in the Bay Area, bang yourself over
the head repeatedly with a frying pan while listening to the Spice
Girls at a loud volume while staring at a poster of Jesse Helms.
What you are now doing is more pleasant than taking MUNI.)

The bottom line: Was it a great party?  Mmmmmm, Yes!

- Stev0 the Social Butterfly

"He is the stage hand who cleaned up the stage before Kate appeared
on The Prince's Trust."
 - typical Kate Jeopardy question from IED